A sculpture to celebrate the birth of The National Trust in the Lake District.
Entrust is in Brandelhow Park.
This wooden sculpture of cupped hands commemorates the centenary of the National Trust’s first ever land purchase in the Lake District, 108 acres of the Brandlehow estate.
Brandelhow was bought with money raised through public subscription. Octavia Hill, one of the founders of the Trust, planted a tree at the official opening of Brandelhow to the public in October 1902.